Rhododendron hybride Germania
Remarkable for its great vigour, the Rhododendron Germania is also distinguished by its sumptuous pink bloom: in late spring, it is an irresistible eye-catcher, even from a distance.
Rhododendron Germania is hardy and can withstand temperatures as low as -26°C. At maturity, this beautiful German hybrid reaches a height of 1.30 metres and a width of 1.30 metres. It is a rather stocky plant with an attractive rounded habit, while its evergreen foliage with large, dull green leaves decorates the garden all year round. Rhododendron Germania blooms from mid-May to June, with deep pink buds that open into large clusters of pink flowers with lighter centres and heavily crinkled petals.
Rhododendron Germania can be planted in semi-shade or shade, and protected from drying winds. It can be grown in a container as well as in a bed or in isolated. This shrub prefers acidic, light, fresh and humusy soils. In order to maintain a suitable PH level, it is advisable to top up the soil with heather soil every year.
- Common name : Rhododendron Germania
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,30 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : dark pink buds and pink flowers with a lighter center, very crumpled petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).