Floricane raspberry Malling Promise
Rubus idaeus Malling Promise
Rubus idaeus Malling Promise is a floricane raspberry with large, tasty fruit. Its tart raspberries can be eaten raw, or used to garnish desserts and make delicious jams. This early variety can be harvested from June-July. Hardy and fairly disease resistant, Floricane raspberry Malling Promise is easy to grow. It is self-fertile, and flowers from April to May.
Your fruit bush will grow to a height of 1,50 m, with a spread of 1 m to 1,50 m. Moderately thorny, it produces nice size red fruits (about 2 cm for 10 g). This English variety is very adaptable, especially in cool, draining soil. A sunny location will suit your Floricane raspberry Malling Promise well. If you live in a region with very hot summers, prefer a semi-shaded position.
Rubus idaeus Malling Promise can be planted as an isolated plant in your vegetable garden or in a hedge, and will go well with primocane raspberry plants. Vary the taste and colour by choosing, for example, the Rubus idaeus Fallgold variety with yellow raspberries. If you are particularly fond of red fruit, create a fruit hedge with raspberries and blackcurrants, currants, blackcurrant or blueberries.
- Common name : Floricane raspberry Malling Promise
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 1 - 1,50 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Fruit : large red raspberry, 2 cm -10 g
- Harvest : June-July
- Use : shrubbery - free or fruit hedges
- Soil : all
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/21
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Prunus Persica Platycarpa Saturn
Citrus Australasica - Microcitrus australasica
Citrus Medica Sarcodactylis
Actinidia arguta Dumbarton Oaks
Malus domestica Redcats
Rubus fruticosus Triple Crown
Actinidia deliciosa Atlas
Mespilus Germanica Royal
Citrus Latifolia Tahiti
Prunus domestica Golden Japan
- En culture