Bigleaf hydrangea Masja
Hydrangea macrophylla Masja
Hydrangea macrophylla Masja or Bigleaf hydrangea Masja is a variety of small hydrangea (from 0.80 m to 1 m in height by 1 m in width), very flowering and particularly hardy. It is distinguished by its abundant flowering which lasts several months. Indeed, it offers superb inflorescences in large regular balls, a beautiful bright red pink that contrasts beautifully with the intense green of its leaves. Its compact and dense habit is well suited to small spaces.
From mid-June until October, on the wood of the previous year, the flowers of Hydrangea macrophylla Masja bloom. First bright red pink, they turn purple until they turn red in autumn. They are particularly interesting in bouquets. This flowering dates back to the end of summer.
Install your Bigleaf hydrangea Masja preferably in a sunny or semi-shaded situation because too much shade will prevent flowering, in ordinary soil with little lime, enriched with humus, fresh and well drained. Prune it at the end of winter, cut the wilted flowers and remove the older branches.
To make the most of the generous flowering of Hydrangea macrophylla Masja, don't hesitate to plant it in a tub or pot, it will brighten up your terrace. It will also be the most beautiful effect in bedding or isolated on your lawn.
- Common name : Bigleaf hydrangea Masja
- Family : Hydrangeaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : pink, almost red
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - flowering hedge
- Soil : slightly acidic
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies : red spider - otiorhynch - aphid - mealybug - slugs
- Possible diseases : botrytis - powdery mildew - rot
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).