Beautiful, arching branches and year-round foliage: the Rosemary barberry (Berberis Stenophylla) is particularly graceful. It attracts bees in summer with its mellifluous flowers, and then attracts birds with its decorative fruit. This variety is also resistant to pollution.
The Rosemary barberry is an ancient horticultural achievement, resulting from a cross between Berberis darwinii and Berberis empetrifolia. It is hardy and can withstand cold temperatures down to -15 °C. When fully grown, this plant has a bushy, spreading habit and reaches a height of 3 metres and a spread of 4 metres. Its small, leathery, shiny, dark green leaves are semi-evergreen and turn orange-red in autumn. They are borne on thorny branches and are 1 to 3 mm long and 0.5 mm wide. In May and June, Berberis Stenophylla unfolds clusters of small, 1 cm long, orange-yellow bell-shaped flowers. This is followed by beautiful bluish, almost black berries, 5 to 7 mm in diameter.
Berberis Stenophylla enjoys all types of soil. It can be planted singly, in a bed or in a hedge, in sun or half-shade. To maintain its beauty, it should be pruned after flowering.
- Common name : Rosemary barberry - narrow-leaved barberry - Heddge barberry
- Family : Berbéridaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 3 - 5 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : yellow orange
- Fruit : black berries
- Use : rock garden - isolated - shruberry - hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Variegated siberian dogwood
Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata
Flowering currant King Edward VII
Ribes sanguineum King Edward VII
Red-barked dogwood Siberian Pearls
Cornus alba Siberian Pearls
Rose mallow Pink Chiffon
Hibiscus syriacus Pink Chiffon
Japanese Barberry Maria®
Berberis thunbergii Maria®
Ninebark Dart's Gold
Physocarpus Opulifolius Dart's Gold
White dogwood Kesselringii
Cornus alba Kesselringii