The Hawthorn or whitethorn is a thorny shrub often used to form defensive hedges which gives an ideal anti-intrusion barrier, this very robust shrub with a very long life and can reach 1500 years.
This hedge can just as easily be left free, which constitutes a screen windbreak, that cut.
The Hawthorn is constantly colonized by the birds that find refuge there and feed on its bright red berries from September to November.
Hawthorn can also grow in isolation, if it is not pruned it can reach 5 to 10M.
For a hedge provide 3 to 4 pieces per meter.
- Common name : Hawthorn - Whitethorn
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 5M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : Inedible: dark red glossy berries in autumn
- Use : hedge - isolated
- Soil : all
- Habit : Rounded
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : caterpillar - aphid
- Possible diseases : fire blight - powdery mildew - root rot - rust disease
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Callicarpa Bodinieri Profusion
Elaeagnus ebbingei Gilt Edge
Weigela florida Ebony and Ivory®
Berberis Thunbergii Atropurpurea
Cornus alba Gouchaultii
Cornus alba Siberian Pearls