Chinese pepper tree
Here is a surprising little tree that will produce your own spices in the garden, the Sichuan pepper tree is native to west-central China, it is hardy to -18 ° C, but it prefers a sunny place sheltered from the winds for better to flourish and thus to flourish in abundance.
Sichuan pepper is an old-scented spice, only the red envelope that surrounds the seed is used in cooking, once dried it can be ground, the taste of Sichuan pepper is piquant, woody with lemony notes to the time, ideal for flavouring all kinds of meat, dough or rice.
The Sichuan pepper tree has small spines when it is young that turns into protuberances, with age they diminish and make a rather decorative trunk, the shrub usually grows up to 3 metres after several years.
- Common name : Chinese pepper tree
- Family : Rutaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 5M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : creamy white - green
- Fruit : Sichuan pepper
- Harvest : September - October
- Use : isolated - shruberry - kitchen garden
- Soil : all
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Castanea sativa Marigoule
Sweet chestnut variegata
Castanea sativa variegata
Japanese Angelica tree