The Montpellier Maple is a small, robust tree native to southern Europe, it is found mainly in the south of France, despite its origins it is very hardy and resistant to temperatures of -25 ° C without problem.
The particularity of Montpelier Maple is that it grows slowly, drought resistant and prefers calcareous or even rocky soils, making it an ideal candidate for bonsai lovers.
In spring, its foliage is a beautiful light green to become darker later, we notice that its leaves are relatively smaller and brighter than that of our field maple, the fall color is bright yellow.
The port of the Montpellier Maple is ovoid rounded, it will reach several meters in height after several years, its smooth trunk of dark gray color ribbons with time.
Ideal for small gardens, Montpellier maple bears very well to be pruned, it can in this case be driven in hedge or to be cultivated in pot.
- Common name : Montpellier maple
- Family : Aceraceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 3 - 4 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - hedge - bonzai
- Soil : all - limestone, see even rocky
- Habit : Rounded
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : cochineal - caterpillar - mite
- Possible diseases : black spots - root rot - scab - burn
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Northern red oak Boltes Gold
Quercus rubra Boltes Gold
Chinese pepper tree
Sweet chestnut variegata
Castanea sativa variegata