Native to Europe and Asia, the Betula pendula or white birch is a deciduous tree remarkable for its very decorative white bark and its flexible and drooping side branches. Able to reach a height of 15 to 25 m for a spread of 10 m, it is a tree with a slender trunk and a weeping habit, very resistant to cold (up to - 30 °C) which needs space to flourish. A very vigorous botanical species, well anchored to the ground, the White Birch is perfectly resistant to spray.
Its smooth and shiny bark, initially brown-orange, becomes silvery white at maturity and cracked at the base. As it ages, it exfoliates into fine, wavy strips. Its small coloured leaves of light green hues in spring are triangular in shape, tapered at the top, serrated and shiny.
The Betula pendula grows in any type of deep soil, dry to cool, but it prefers siliceous soils, located in the sun or in partial shade.
The White Birch planted in isolation will be a very decorative element in winter in your garden thanks to the brightness brought by its bark. It can also be installed as a vine or a thicket.
- Common name : White birch - European white birch
- Family : Betulaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 10 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : dry to fresh - siliceous
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : bark beetle - aphid - hoplocampus
- Possible diseases : rust disease - powdery mildew - armillary
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/22
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Betula pendula Golden Obelisk