From March to April, the Saucer magnolia is covered with a multitude of large flowers in the shape of a pink tulip from 10 to 15 cm, with 8 petals, the base of which is purple. The flowering of the Saucer magnolia appears before the leaves, the spectacle is magnificent.
The Magnolia Soulangeana can live up to a hundred years, it is also the most planted flowering tree in parks and botanical gardens.
This variety can tolerate slightly calcareous soil, do not hesitate to associate it in clumps of Plants of heather earth with Enkiantus, pieris, azaleas, rhododendrons and many others to form a Japanese and Zen atmosphere.
- Common name : Saucer magnolia(cross between Magnolia denudata and Magnolia liliflora)
- Family : Magnoliaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 4/5M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : large flowers in the shape of a pink tulip from 10 to 15 cm
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : acid
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies : cochineal
- Possible diseases : coral disease - root rot
- Date of last repotting : 02/05/21
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Fagus Sylvatica Atropunicea
Metasequoia glyptostroboides Gold Rush