Japanese Barberry Maria®
Berberis thunbergii Maria®
Berberis thunbergii Maria® or Japanese Barberry Maria® is a thorny, slow-growing shrub native to Japan. Its columnar habit, its superb shiny deciduous foliage, first golden yellow turning orange-red in autumn and its young dark orange shoots are undeniable assets to illuminate your beds of bright colors. Measuring 1 m to 1.20 m in height and 0.30 m to 0.40 m in width, the Berberis thunbergii Maria® is suitable for a low hedge, a massif or a rock garden. It can be planted in a pot. Thanks to its thorns, it can be used as a defensive hedge.
In May, the Japanese Barberry Maria® is covered with small yellow flowers arranged in clusters. This flowering lasts until July, it is followed by small decorative red berries which mature in September-October.
Perfectly rustic (it withstands temperatures down to -20 ° C) and tolerant of being pruned, Berberis thunbergii Maria® resists powdery mildew. Undemanding, it is suitable for any type of well-drained soil and tolerates drought. It can be located in the sun or in partial shade.
To play on shapes and colors in your garden, the Japanese Barberry Maria® is the shrub for you.
- Common name : Japanese Barberry Maria®
- Family : Berberidaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 0,30/0,40M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : yellow orange
- Fruit : decorative berries
- Use : rock garden - pot - defensive hedge - low hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : Columnar
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Hydrangea arborescens Annabelle
Hydrangea serrata Preziosa
Frangula alnus Ron Williams
Camellia reticulata Mary Williams
Caryopteris Clandonensis Hint of Gold
Kolkwitzia amabilis Pink Cloud