Rose mallow Blue Chiffon
Hibiscus syriacus Blue Chiffon
Hibiscus Syriacus Blue Chiffon is very floriferous and vigorous, it is characterized by sumptuous large double flowers in blue-violet color often drawing towards lavender, its heart with crumpled petals is smeared with red.
Rose mallow Blue Chiffon blooms from August to early October. In adulthood, he can reach a height of 1.70 m with a spread that can extend up to 1.50 m while sporting an erect as well as well branched habit.
Hibiscus Syriacus Blue Chiffon likes drained soils with neutral pH and generous exposure to the sun which will promote very generous flowering. It does not fear the cold and can withstand temperatures down to -20 ° C. It is also resistant to diseases and pests.
March is a great time for pruning. Cut the main branches in half, shorten the youngest branches, leaving 4 buds.
Contrary to what its name might suggest, Hibiscus syriacus does not come from Syracuse but comes from Korea. We also find writings indicating that it was cultivated in Egypt as well as in Asia where it originated. Edible, it was initially used to chew it at the end of a meal. You should know that Hibiscus flowers already had a reputation at the time of fighting against bloating and facilitating digestion.
- Common name : Hibiscus Blue Chiffon
- Family : Malvaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : bleu violet, doubles
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - flowering hedge
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : upright
- Growth : average
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Density per m² : 1
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Photo taken : at the tree nursery
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Physocarpus Opulifolius Red Baron
Hibiscus syriacus Starburst Chiffon
Salix gracilistyla Melanostachys
Cornus sanguinea winter beauty