Red Twisted Willow
Small tree with deciduous foliage, with a widely spread and weeping habit, the Salix Erythroflexuosa or Red Twisted Willow will seduce you with its elegance and originality. Indeed, it offers very decorative branches both arched and curiously twisted which fall at the ends. The young twigs are a splendid orange color. In spring, the twisting branches are dressed in lanceolate leaves with a twisted blade, shiny, light green in color, with a silvery underside. They turn yellow in the fall. In March-April, before the leaves appear, this variety of willow flowers in the form of catkins 3 cm long, grayish white.
Small, fast growing tree, 4 m high by 2 m wide, the Salix Erythroflexuosa is suitable for small spaces. Easy to live with and very hardy (it supports negative temperatures down to -20 ° C), it tolerates any type of soil provided it is deep, cool or even humid and enriched with humus. It requires a sunny to half-shaded exposure. It can be pruned severely to encourage the growth of young, more colorful woods.
The Red Twisted Willow, decorative all year round, will cause a sensation in your garden, by its elegance and its graphics whether it is planted in isolation or in groups.
- Common name : Red Twisted Willow
- Family : Salicaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 2/2M50
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : weeper
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphids - caterpillars
- Possible diseases : rust disease - gall - armillary - anthracnose
- Date of last repotting : 30/09/20
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).