Purple chokeberry Nero
Aronia prunifolia Nero
Aronia prunifolia Nero is a hybrid selected for its berries which are much larger and softer, it is a remarkable self-fertile shrub. Its fruiting in September-October offers clusters composed of abundant black berries with a taste close to blackcurrant. They can be consumed in juice and integrated into many culinary preparations, including jellies and jams. Its large fruits have exceptional nutritional qualities, because they are full of vitamin B, C, minerals, antioxidants and fibers. These are very popular with birds.
Purple chokeberry Nero, has a compact habit reaching a height of 1.75 m and a spread of 1.25 m. The charm of Aronia prunifolia Nero operates especially from April-May. Its dark green foliage contrasts subtly with its corymbs made up of abundant white flowers spotted with pink, very fragrant and honey-bearing. Deciduous, its foliage turns from copper to very dark red-purple in autumn.
Easy to grow and disease resistant, the Purple chokeberry Nero appreciates a location in full sun or partial shade. Favor a rather acidic soil. It supports temperatures down to -30 ° C.
- Common name : Purple chokeberry Nero
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 1M25
- Foliage : deciduous
- Fruit : edible, clusters of large black fruits with a blackcurrant flavor
- Harvest : September - October
- Use : shrubbery - free or fruit hedges
- Soil : acid
- Habit : compact
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Density per m² : 1 per m² or every 80 cm for row planting
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Date of last repotting : 20/03/21
- Reproduction : self-fertile
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Malus domestica Fiesta®
Corylus avellana Rode Zellernoot
Malus domestica Landsberger Reinette
Malus domestica Elstar
Ribes rubrum Red Lake
Malus domestica Jonagold
Actinidia arguta Ken's Red
Malus domestica Double Belle Fleur